Your benefits

Union workers are far more likely than their non-union counterparts to have better benefits and better coverage in their health care benefits, dental plans, and pension plans. According to Statistics Canada, “83% of unionized employees are covered by either a pension plan or group plan compared to just 33% of non-union workers.” Union workers also have better paid vacation leave than their non-unionized counterparts. As far as Union health plans, studies show that being in a union also benefits members because they are able to positively contribute in health and safety decisions at their place of employment.

For more details about your benefits, please call 1-888-863-2278.

Your health plan

The IUPAT offers a comprehensive health plan for its Ontario union members and their families including dental, vision and supplemental health care benefits. We are pleased to offer these health care plans to over 8,000 members through an independent administrator and trustees who are signatory employers and union representatives. Premiums are paid by contributions from employers through the collective bargaining agreements. More information on benefits packaging can be found at the IUPAT or Benefit Plan Administrators’ offices in Toronto.

Digital Benefits

As a IUPAT member, you and your eligible dependents now have access to three new mobile apps and online platforms to make claim submissions and to receive support from healthcare professionals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from your mobile device or desktop computer. Please take a moment and familiarize yourself with these digital benefits.

iupat member benefits eclaims


Submit your receipts online, get real-time updates on the status of payments, view your claims history, and more.

iupat member benefits vcare


Get personalized 24/7 medical support, including consultatins, prescription refills and more, via secure text and video chat.

iupat member benefits mhealth


Put your mind at ease with online mental health support, including videos, podcasts, assessment tools, online therapy, and more.

Filing a Claim For Your Health Plan

For most prescription drugs, IUPAT members have a “prescription drug card” that they present to the pharmacist at the time of obtaining their prescription drugs. For all other health care needs, such as dental and eye vision care, make sure you send all of your health care claims to:

IUPAT Benefit Trust Administrator
P.O Box 1280 Station B
Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 3W5

Health Care Benefit Forms

Below are the most recent forms available. To download, please click on the pdfs listed below.

(Please note you will need ADOBE PDF Reader to read the forms.)

All completed health care for forms for union workers must be mailed to:

IUPAT Benefit Plan Administrators
P.O Box 1280, Station B
Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 3W5

Out-of-Country Insurance

As a reminder, please be sure you receive the updated Out-of-Country insurance card and policy from BPA if leaving Canada. We are now insured by AIG provided by Global Excel Management Inc.

If you are outside of the country, and require medical care, you must contact Global Excel immediately.

From Canada and the US, call: 1-877-207-5018
Or collect from anywhere else, call: 1-819-566-3940

The IUPAT Insurance Identification is: BSC 9020980

For more information on IUPAT’s health plans, please call 1-888-863-2278.

Your home and auto insurance

The IUPAT is pleased to partner with Union Power Insurance to offer our members with top-notch services and exclusive discounts for home and auto insurance. For more information, visit their website today:

Have a question?

Contact the Benefits office at 1-888-863-2278
or email

Recent Posts


Digital Benefits for IUPAT Members

IUPAT Team • September 03, 2020

Due to ongoing changes surrounding the pandemic, IUPAT has introduced a number of digital benefits for members to access and use. Among these digital benefits are three support applications, which are eClaims, vCare and mHealth.


Government Assistance Programs and Benefits During COVID-19

IUPAT Team • June 05, 2020

With the uncertainty of job security and monthly payments, there are lots of questions surrounding what financial programs are available to assist IUPAT members. Below, we’ve outlined some government assistance programs that IUPAT members can apply for if they are eligible.

Union Benefits Extend to Families and Communities

IUPAT Team • March 06, 2020

Unions were formed to give workers a collective voice to fight for better wages, working conditions and benefits. It’s no surprise then, that those hard-won union benefits also support families and communities as well.

Contact us
close slider
Contact Us

Fill in this form and our Representative will get in touch with you.